Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Update Time

I'm so bad at this. like unbelievably bad. It's not really worth having a blog if you don't update it, right? At the risk of sounding like I'm crying wolf, I really am going to try to write more. I love to write & I have an opinion about everything so you would think this would be something that I would want to do all the time, right?


Wrong.


I start to write something on the blog and my mind goes blank. I blame it on the fact that I don't use my brain much anymore. I legitately had a thought today that I think I'm getting dumber without school and/or a challenging work environment. My work is so repetitive. I literally do and say the same stuff every single day. It's like I work off a script.




"Read me the lowest line you can see without squinting."


"Stare straight ahead at this image. It's going to go in and out of focus."


Blah. Blah. Blah




Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my job, and I don't dread going into work like the majority of my friends seem to. It's just not challenging. at all. I am MORE than ready to get back into a learning environment this fall. How nerdy of me. I've discovered I love to learn. I miss the feeling of accomplishment that I would get from checking off things from my to do list. I miss to do lists. Can you believe I just said that?????




Lately, I find myself writing one number/word, but meaning another. OR being in the middle of a story, and then completely losing my train of thought. Seriously, what is that?? Am I 22 going on 80?? Therefore, I think I need to put the ol' thinker to a few intellectual exercises.... I need a library card. Do they still have those? I haven't been into a library that wasn't a school library since I was 10 years old. I used to check out 8 books at a time when I was a kid and read them all within a week. I think 10 year old me could actually be smarter than 22 year old me. How terribly sad. I have a new personal goal for the week: go to the library. && check out "books" that you don't buy at the checkout at Target..... I got this. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment