Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Shopping for Dummies


I'll admit it. I am not good at Christmas shopping. I envy those people who can go to the mall for an afternoon & come home with all their Christmas shopping finished. I am the exact opposite. Around mid-Novemeber, I begin the grueling process. Step one is always deciding what in the world to get these special people in my life. Ideas are tossed about in my head, only to be over-analyzed and shot down as quickly as they appear. After a couple of weeks of this happening, I begin to grasp at straws. This always leaves me to hit up the tried & true: google. At this point, I can be found typing such things as "Gift ideas for moms" or "What to get a 20 something year old girl for Christmas?" into the search bar....as if some google god will magically feel pity for me and the gift that I have been looking for will instantly appear. Let me tell you.... that never happens. Instead, I am forced to beg my friends and family with this repeated question: "Can you pleaseeee tell me what you want?!?" However, if your friends & family are anything like mine, this is the answer I get: "Oh, I don't know. I don't really need anything. Just surprise me."
Just surprise me. I despise this answer. While I understand that this is the whole point of getting gifts for people, it still puts me right back to where I started. This is where I am now. I have a thousand ideas swirling around in my head, but I haven't exactly executed the plans yet.... and it's December 11th. Awesome. Due to my tardiness, I am pretty much restricted to purchasing things in store as opposed to online due to the lovely amount of shipping days that get tacked on this time of year. After work today, I will be joining the throngs of people at Wolfchase in an attempt to find those perfects gifts while managing to stay at least partially in my ever-so-shrinking budget. Oh boy, oh boy.... Here goes nothing....

No comments:

Post a Comment