Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Give Thanks.

I've been MIA lately. I blame it on the amount of food, family, and shopping that took place the last few days. I swear that I blinked my eyes and a week had passed. I feel like my life is flyinggg by lately. It's sort of scary. I'm beginning to sound like an old lady saying, "I feel like it was just yesterday that.... blah, blah, blah."

In honor of the big event that led to my food coma last week, I have been thinking a lot recently of all that I have to be thankful for this year, both big and small. Allow me to share.....

- free time. (I have more downtime right now than I have ever had in my entire life. In fact, there is zero stress in my life right now, and it's a strange feeling. There is no test to study for, no anticipation of what I will do in the future, no relationship to pick apart.... it's all just very chill. I do what I want when I want. I'm trying to cherish it for I will probably never have it again).
- my health.
- my parents, extended family, and friends
- my roomate, Valerie (special shoutout to the one who puts up with me on a day to day basis. We have lived together for almost 4 years now, and I recently have had to come to terms with the fact that she is growing up, getting married, and living with him instead of me. haha I really want to try to live up the next few months and not take for granted having her be there all the time!)
- Highpoint Church (helped me in more than one way this year. Every service I attend brings me one step closer to the person that I want to be. In addition, I met some pretty amazing people through a class I attended this year. SO glad that this place has come into my life, and I look forward to becoming even more involved here!)
- Acceptance to Optometry School
- The Little Things: Neutrogena Intense Moisturizing Cream, cheesecake, Harry Potter, Carmex, cardigans, gap skinny jeans, christmas lights, John Mayer, bronzer, cold weather, random acts of kindness, holiday beverages, Diet Mountain Dew, Amy's frozen meals, cupcakes, Cut the Rope, and, of course, Christmas movies. You know, the important things in life....

No comments:

Post a Comment