Monday, August 2, 2010

Basketcase No More!

Sometimes, every now and then, I'll read the last post that I wrote and think about how it's crazy what a little time can do, even a week. The last time I wrote that I was in such a horrible place mentally and emotionally, but now I am happy to report that I am moving forward! I forgot what amazing friends and family and God that I have and sometimes you need something like this to remind you why. My life has been so busy the last few days studying like crazy for the OAT. The test is the day after tomorrow! yikes! I literally cannot wait to take it. Even if I do bad, I will know that I still prepared the best I could for it and that's really all that I can do at this point.... I'm just so ready for it to be OVER so that I can get on with the fun things in life...like celebrating my best friend and roommate's engagement! I thought that after recently breaking up with someone that I would be kind of bitter and/or jealous of seeing others all lovey dovey but it really is the opposite. I am so happy for them and can't wait to start all of the planning!

What really brought me out of my bad mood slump officially was going to church this past Sunday at Highpoint. I absolutely love this place and I felt like what was being said was meant for me to hear. The main verse was from 1 Peter 5:7 ..."Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you." In summary, it was all about how everything will be alright in due time. There are always going to be times when you are struggling and suffering. Life will not be easy or painless. But it is in these times that God will restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast. This just really hit a nerve with me because I have been so enveloped in self pity lately that I haven't really thought about why I am doing this to myself. Well, this was the moment that I came out of "the funk." I am truly blessed in so many areas of my life, and I always neglect to realize that. At that point, I decided that I was not going to focus any longer on what I don't have as opposed to what I do have, and I honestly feel a thousand times better. :) :) Keep me in your prayers this week as I take my big test!

No comments:

Post a Comment