Sunday, September 5, 2010

Home is where the heart is....

I am reporting live as we speak from the thriving metropolitan area of Selmer, TN! :)






As much as I rag on my little town, I have found that I do love coming here. If I am in a bad mood, it instantly lifts as soon as I walk in the door. There is just something about being here with the people that I have grown up with that is really comforting. I've never had what you would consider a bad relationship with my parents, even in my teenage years. Given, there were moments growing up when I thought, "Wow, they are so naive" or "Gahhhh I wish they would just leave me alone." However, I have always been supa tight with them. I guess it comes from being an only child.... Regardless, though, my love and respect for them as of late has grown even more. Sometimes, I am in awe of how lucky I am that God paired me up with them. I hear these stories about parents kicking their kids out or not giving them money or showing them no support, and I am just dumbfounded because I cannot relate at all. If there was some kind of awesome parent award, I would be the first person in line to nominate the two I have. I have found over the years that they support me more than I probably support myself. They are the first people I call when I get good news because they always make me feel so proud of myself. Not to mention how much financial support they have given me over the years..... I have never needed or wanted for anything that I did not get. I know that makes me sound very spoiled and selfish, but they have given me everything I needed while still making me learn to appreciate and count the blessings that I have. I cannot rave enough about them & I love them to the moon and back......







Me & the Pops




Me & the madre


But Wait.... I cannot close out a post on my Selmer life without including one more huge person (and I use the term person lightly).... RILEY.

This dog is my world, and I cannot get enough of her when I come home. I'm fairly certain that she does not consider herself a pet simply because she gets treated like she is one of the family. I am just slightly obsessed with her. Don't tell my parents, but nine times out of ten I'm ready to come home just to see her... haha. As we speak, she is fighting with the computer for a spot in my lap so I suppose that's my cue to wrap this up.... I suppose this post has turned into a shout out to mom & dad... unintentional, but sometimes you gotta show a little love to the rents...and the dog :):)





No comments:

Post a Comment