Friday, October 15, 2010

Dr. Cone

Nice ring to it? Hope so... BECAUSE I GOT INTO OPTOMETRY SCHOOL and that is what I will be known as in 4 1/2 years (that is to say that I don't flunk out or something tragic doesn't happen but I'm thinking positive! Just in case, I just knocked on wood). I'm on cloud nine to say the least. This is the only goal that I have ever had for myself besides marraige and children and who would have thought that the latter would be the harder one? haha. I traveled down to Ft. Lauderdale on Tuesday of this week, had my interview on Wednesday, and was accepted on Thursday. It was such a quick process, but it was sooo exciting! It is such a relief to know that this is actually happening. I DID NOT want to sit out another year twiddling my thumbs waiting for this to happen so it is such a blessing that I am now officially on my way to a career. I finally feel like I am not a worthless blob with no school or activities to attend to. Well, I take that back... currently, I am still a worthless blob... BUT, a worthless blob who is headed to optometry school next year!! I applied to other schools in addition to the one in Florida. Therefore, I definitely don't want to turn my back on any other opportunities just yet. I want to be confident in wherever I go to school because, after all, I will be there for the next 4 years of my life. Regardless, I will be somewhere! So, YAYYYY!

No comments:

Post a Comment