Saturday, October 16, 2010

I be up in the gym just working on my fitness... well not really.

I have a problem. My problem is that I am totally, most assuredly, without a doubt unhappy with my weight. There's no denying that I could stand to lose a few pounds... and by a few, I mean like 50 lbs. I have struggled with the lose weight, gain weight fiasco ever since I started college. However, I always blamed the fact that I couldn't hit the gym regularly on the strenuous schedule that I tried to keep up. It is not easy balancing classes like organic chemistry, biochem, and anatomy with 25 hours at work and a sorority that is guaranteed to have at least 4 activities to attend during the week. That was my excuse anyway. But now, here I am, nothing to do except work, and I have created new excuses for myself. Well, I am sick and tired of claiming that I am too sick or too tired to hit the gym. I have a new-found pact with myself that I will at least do something physical every, single day. Whether it be a class at the gym (there's a lot I really want to try like Zumba, kickboxing, core ball, etc), the elliptical, or even just a walk outside, I HAVE to do something.

The biggest struggle I have, though, is with food. I don't mean that I take a bag of Cheetos, a 2 liter, and a box of cookies and gorge out on the couch. I definitely do not do that. My biggest problem is that I eat out entirely too much and that I, well, basically just love food. One of my favorite pastimes is going to a restaurant with friends... without a doubt. AND at this restaurant, I am usually drawn to what is probably the most calorie-packed item on the menu. Extra cheese? Don't mind if I do! Or....... Chocolate molten cake? Well the meal wouldn't be complete without it! Yea, you get my drift..... I recognize that I need to make a change. I need to learn to rewire my brain to think that grilled chicken breast with a side of broccoli is what I really want. (HA! yea right). Regardless, though, I have in my mind now that I need to make these adjustments in my everyday life, and when I have a goal in mind that I really want to accomplish, I am usually pretty driven to complete it. That's the plan at least.... I am so tired of comparing myself to other people and hating how I look in every picture that I take. I am starting a new challenging phase in my life next year, and I want to start it by being the healthiest version of myself that I can be. Therefore, by the time I start school next year, wherever that may be, I want to be at my goal weight. AND I am starting today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment