Saturday, June 26, 2010

Chocolate Wasted


Last night, I went with the boyfriend to see the new movie Grownups starring a pretty all star team of comedy legends: Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, & Rob Schneider. I went into the movie with the absolute lowest expectations because of what I had heard from Valerie and her boyfriend. They saw it a couple of hours before us and absolutely HATED it. Hearing this, of course, I questioned whether we should see it considering the bad review. However, Patrick's face kind of fell when I suggested something else, so therefore, what the heck...we went. AND.....drumroll please...... it actually wasn't half bad. I'll give it to Valerie & Jon though, it was a very cheesy movie. It definately has the stupid comedy bits that have you questioning your immuturity when you laugh out loud. Despite this, I thought that all of the actors' chemistry was really good. They were constantly ribbing each other and putting each other down and that's what made it hilarious. I know this movie isn't going to win an academy award or anything and to be honest, I see more people hating it than liking it. If you are an Adam Sandler fan like me, though, then go see it. In high school, when girls my age were lusting over Josh Hartnett, Paul Walker, and Justin Timberlake, I was ooh-ing and ahh-ing for Adam Sandler. haha. (don't get me wrong - the others aren't half bad either - By the way what happened to Josh Hartnett? ha) I have yet to walk out of a Happy Madison production just straight up hating it and it's all because of the easy laughs that Sandler always brings. Overall, I give it a B. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment