Tuesday, June 22, 2010

No worries, I'm back!

So.. it's ummm been awhile. ha. BUT, this time I have an excuse...I was on vacation. whoop whoop. The familia and I went to the New England area from Saturday to Saturday of this last week and I cannot rave enough about how awesome it was. Boston is such a nice city... unlike the majority of the ones I have been to in the past. It was so unghetto... if that even makes sense. There were no slummy, oh-my-god-get-me-out-of-here areas that I encountered and I felt completely safe and comfortable the entire time. Don't get me wrong. I love Memphis and will be the first to admit it, but let's face it. We got the ghetto and we got it good. As soon as I load some pictures of the week, I shall share.

Another thing I noticed throughout my time is Boston is how freakin' fit these people are. You cannot walk a single block without somebody whizzing by you running or biking or rollerblading or SOMETHING. I was in awe. Here I am panting up the subway stairs and here these people are taking them three at a time. Needless to say, the last time I saw someone run past me in downtown Memphis was when someone had stolen their purse.... (baha sorry another Memphis dig...I'll stop I promise). ANYWAY, I was so inspired by the physical fitness around me that I trotted right in to the nearest Nike store and purchased some new running shoes and shorts hoping that this would be the motivation that I needed to start running and exercising regularly. I joined a gym a couple of months back, but I get sooooo bored so easily and after a couple of days of being good and going I start making excuses and slack BIG TIME. Therefore, I think I am going to start running outside (I always enjoy it more this way) and then doing some weight machines and classes at the gym. The official start day for this new work out pledge is tomorrow morning so I hope that I can high tail it out of bed and hit the pavement!

I wanted to try the shoes out today, however, so about an hour ago, I attempted to run outside. Just a little heads up for you folks living under a box: it is H-O-T outside. OMG. My running extravaganza has got to take place in the morning before the mid-day heat kicks into full gear. I got up to half a mile in the 99 degree weather before I thought, "Who am I trying to kid?" and walked, sweat pouring, back to my apartment. Hopefully tomorrow plays out a little better than today. Whew. Wish me luck....On the plus side, I love the shoes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment